Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with lot of extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed But their is no Google application Included. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Things to remember before you Update OnePlus 3/3T to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure there is more than 65% battery on your Phone
- Make sure you have made a backup of all important files
- This update is only for oneplus 3/3T
- TWRP Installed on your device.
- This is an early preview of LineageOS 15.1, there’s no guarantee it’ll work stable.
- Database migration from previous LineageOS is currently NOT supported, you MUST perform a data wipe before
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID OREO IN ONEPUS 3/3T
- First, boot your device to TWRP.
- Go to wipe section and perform a factory reset
- Now go to install section, open the rom file and then the gapps file.
- Proceed to install this, once done, reboot system.
- And boom! Your Onepus 3/3T is now running on Android 8.1 Oreo.